Week beginning 12th Dec
Year 3 Homework: Monday 12th December 2022
DUE: Monday 19th December 2022
PLEASE COULD ALL CHILDREN WEAR SCHOOL UNIFORM AND TRAINERS EVERY FRIDAY, AS THEY WILL BE COMPLETING THE MILE RUN.
- Each week we will teach the new spellings during that week in our phonics sessions; the test will take place on the following Monday.
- All children will learn the same spellings and will be tested on all of them. (Any children on SEN support, will have their own spelling lists.)
- The spellings are set into 3 different groups – Must – Should – Could.
- They will all follow the same pattern.
- All children need to learn the Must list, have a go at the Should list and challenge themselves with the Could list.
- We know that some children find learning spellings more challenging than others but that some children often require a more difficult list than is set. We hope that this way all of the children will be able to achieve and challenge themselves accordingly.
- If you would like to discuss this new system, then please do not hesitate to speak to your child’s class teacher.
Spelling Pattern:- Plurals by adding ‘s’ and ‘es’.
READING AT HOME:
- Please ensure you have a reading book that you enjoy reading
- Ensure you are reading daily for 10-15minutes.
- Remember to get your reading records signed so you can earn certificates!
Thank you to those who came to the VIPERS workshop, the slides we went through are on our website, under the ‘Children’ tab and ‘Reading Practice’. Your child should now have a bookmark with sample questions for you to ask your child when they are reading with you.
This week’s homework is a comprehension.