At Mildmay Primary School, and across Bridge Academy Trust, we believe that every pupil has the right to receive an education which is free from discrimination, harassment, or victimisation.
We act to:
- Ensure that all pupils can Enjoy, Enrich, Achieve and Aspire.
- Ensure that parents and pupils can make choices free from prejudice and stereotyping.
- Oppose any form of discrimination.
- Promote respect between cultures and religions, valuing every pupil's background and experiences.
As a school we welcome our duties under the Equality Act 2010. The general duties are to:
• eliminate discrimination,
• advance equality of opportunity
• foster good relations
We understand the principal of the act and the work needed to ensure that those with protected characteristics are not discriminated against and are
given equality of opportunity.
We will set and publish equality objectives at least every three years.
Our staff and governors regularly analyse the school data, paying particular attention to achievement and progress of all pupils and whether or not it is broadly similar regardless of educational need, background, language or disability. We monitor provision and the experience of our community through pupil and parent voice.