Home School Agreement
MILDMAY PRIMARY SCHOOL
WILL ENDEAVOUR TO:
- Provide a safe, secure and caring learning environment;
- Encourage the children to do their best and achieve their full potential as a valued member of the school community;
- Develop in each child positive values and a caring attitude towards the school the community and the environment;
- Provide a balanced curriculum of the highest quality;
- Set and mark stage related and appropriate homework;
- Be welcoming and offer opportunities for parents/carers to become involved in the daily life of the school;
- Contact parents/carers as soon as concerns are raised about a child’s work, behaviour, attendance or punctuality;
- Communicate between home and school through notices, newsletters, website and meetings.
- Have high expectations of parents and pupils, insisting that all discussions are respectful, not tolerating aggression or threatening behaviour from any quarter.
- Allow children safe and secure use of the Internet through a combination of site filtering, supervision and by fostering a responsible attitude in all pupils, in partnership with parents.
TO HELP MY CHILD AT MILDMAY PRIMARY SCHOOL, I (PARENT) WILL ENDEAVOUR TO:
- listen to my child read daily;
- See that my child attends school regularly, is punctual and properly equipped, wearing the correct uniform and ready to learn;
- Inform the school on the first day of absence;
- Raise any concerns or problems that might affect my child’s ability to learn or behave appropriately;
- Support the school to make sure my child maintains good behaviour;
- Support my child with homework and other home learning opportunities.
- Attend parent meetings with the teacher to discuss my child’s achievements and progress;
- Support all staff in their efforts to create a caring community which values children and their rights;
- Support the school in getting any help my child may need;
- Read all letters/messages/emails that are sent home;
- Inform the school immediately of any changes to parents/carer and emergency contacts details.
- Ensure my child uses the internet safely and has a responsible attitude towards online activity, in partnership with the school.
AS A PUPIL OF MILDMAY PRIMARY SCHOOL, I WILL TRY MY BEST TO:
- Work hard and listen carefully to instructions;
- Come to school regularly and on time;
- Be polite, friendly and helpful to other children and all adults;
- Tell somebody if there is something I am not happy about;
- Do any homework (including reading) and return it to school on time;
- Bring all the equipment I need every day including my PE kit and reading books;
- Take good care of the school environment, my own and other people’s belongings and all living things.
- Understand the importance of e-safety and discuss any concerns I have with a trusted adult.
- Think about others and be helpful whenever I can
- Come to school with a positive, “I can” attitude and determination to do my best.
- Smile and enjoy my learning.
Signed on behalf of MILDMAY PRIMARY SCHOOL by: